If you’re ready to restore a compelling connection in your marriage (or committed relationship), rekindle your love for each other & create a new blueprint for your life together – then join your therapist Izabella Siodmak on this private couples retreat
Watching the sun set against the mountains from the comfort of your warm bubbling private spa, you reflect upon your first day. The first session together with your partner surprised you in how much was revealed and shared. This was already different from the usual way of communicating at home. The questions the therapist asked led to some surprisingly useful insights about yourself and your partner too.
The presence of a third party gives you the safety to reveal more of yourself and what you may normally hold back … the deeper thoughts that you’d kept in check and any corresponding resentment, fear, sadness, anger, disappointment or shame that you hadn’t acknowledged. As you unpack this in the individual session, you begin to discover the actual obstacles, release them and replace them with greater clarity and ease. By being away from the usual distractions and taking the time and space to focus on yourself and each other (with the therapist’s support) you embark on a truly transformative journey on both the inner and outer level.
When the previous closeness and connection turns to feeling worlds apart, it can feel devastating, especially when whatever you try now seems to make things worse. Misunderstandings, built-up grievances, disappointments and betrayals have a way of accumulating until it all feels like too much. Conflict or withdrawal (or both) instead of closeness and connection, becomes the new norm and it can seem like you’ll never dig yourself out of the hole. Through your retreat journey, however, we’ll tap into the power of various modes of communication that unlock the heart … restoring the energy that fuels intimate connection and love again.
We’re ready to improve our relationship
What can you expect after immersing in an exclusive, private retreat where you are the only couple in residence?
+ The level of love in your heart to expand in an overflow that readily reaches your partner and inspires deeper connection and intimacy
+ Greater confidence to sustain and support your connection as you take home with you unique and specific to your partnership practices and tools
+ Richer understanding of each other and yourself which inspires more compassionate responses to each other rather than contempt.
+ A reduction in tension, stress, anxiety, withdrawal and emotional charge which supports you to engage more healthily with your partner. A reset of your nervous system allows you to respond more lovingly rather than defensively as a result.
Would the reduced tension, stress and conflict be worth attending this exclusive, private relationship retreat in the mountains near Maleny?
We believe the answer is a unanimous yes.
Natural Attitudes is nestled within Crystal Waters Eco-Village on an acre of beautiful, private land. Although only 1.5 hours from Brisbane, Queensland’s capital, you really do feel like you’re in another world. The healing energies of nature is strong here and one of the many reasons why this site was chosen for the construction of the retreat. No pollution, fresh creek water, ample space for our organic veggie gardens and a positive ley line intersecting the property are some of the other reasons this place is so prized.
You’ll enjoy ample space and the gorgeous mountain views from your self-contained 2 room cypress cottage with a huge deck. Then, when it’s time for your therapy session, massage, embodiment practices you’re just a short 20 meter stroll to the treatment room. If you need anything else to make your experience more comfortable we are available 24/7 within the main building near the clinic space.
In your spare time you can enjoy hilly nature walks or go to Pebble Pond for a refreshing swim. For those less active moments, your cottage has a day bed on the deck to rest, or fall asleep on! Your private spa and sauna is a few steps away right outside your bedroom. Inside your cottage there is a tempting selection of books, CDs and educational DVDs to further inspire you. You’ll enjoy how each distinct component of the retreat experience has something valuable to contribute to you.
You’d be forgiven for thinking that attending a health retreat means boring, uninspiring, bland food. Well, we like to pleasantly surprise. Our live, plant-based vegan meals are nothing short of tasty, healthy and visually appealing. A good portion of our fresh ingredients to make some of our signature dishes, come from our extensive organic gardens. For the rest of the ingredients we aim for local or market produce and organic where possible.
Eating foods that are alive and vibrant, full of enzymes and phyto-nutrients revitalises your body’s cells and organs, detoxifying your system whilst we work directly on shedding old emotions and behaviours getting in the way of the relationship with yourself and your partner.
This looks great!
Typical Daily Schedule
What’s Included (example of a 4 day retreat)
- 12 Therapy Sessions (8 individual sessions & 4 couples sessions)
- 2 (1 each) Deep tissue Body-Work massage to release blocks & stresses held in your body
- Three morning Embodiment Practices – breathing, sensing, grounding and clearing the energy in your body
- 3 daily morning Embody Intimacy Exercises tailored to revitalise your relationship and rekindle the connection
- Repairing Ruptures and heal from specific hurts
- Working with Attachment Styles to support safety & security (and improve ALL relationships)
- Exploration of accessing and meeting your true needs
- Effective Communication Skills to foster compassion, intimacy and rebuild trust and connection
- Private, boutique cottage accommodation for 3 nights & 4 days
- 6 delicious breakfasts (3 for both of you)
- 8 lunches (4 each)
- 6 Gourmet dinners (3 each)
- Unlimited use of ozone, chemical-free outdoor spa
- Unlimited use of the 2 person detoxifying far-infra red sauna
- Complementary use of books, DVDs, CDs
- Follow up couples Transitional Session via Zoom
The 4 day Revitalising Love Retreat provides adequate space to assimilate your discoveries and integrate changes whilst having time to also relax and rejuvenate. However we understand not everyone can commit to the 4 day retreat due to family or work commitments. We have shorter Revitalising Love Retreats as follows:
4 Day/ 3 nights: AUD $3600
3 Day/ 2 nights: AUD $3000
2 Day/ 2 nights: AUD $2400 total (ideal for weekends for example starting Friday evening & finishing Sunday evening)
What’s Not Included
- Air fares
- Transfers from Brisbane airport are not included but can be organised at an extra cost of $150 AUD return. It is a 1.5 to 2 hour trip each way.
- If you’d like to catch the train from Brisbane airport to Landsborough we can pick you up from here ($75 return trip). It is a 40 minute drive from here to Natural Attitudes.
- There is no nudity throughout the retreat process
- No sexually explicit exercises are involved in any part of the retreat
Who Intensive Couples Retreats are not suitable for
- If either partner has drug and / or alcohol addictions or drug abuse.
- If there has been physical violence, threats of violence or there is a fear of violence for either partner.
- If either partner has an untreated or unmanaged mental illness (schizophrenia, major depression, bipolar, psychosis etc).
- If there are secrets you are unwilling to disclose eg affairs.
- If either partner is currently experiencing suicidal thoughts or have inflicted harm on oneself or another person in the past.
Getting to Natural Attitudes is easy. At an extra cost of $150 AUD we can organise our driver to pick you up from the domestic or international Brisbane Airport and drop you straight to the retreat and back. Book your flight to arrive before 8am of the day of your retreat to ensure a 10am arrival and a departure flight after 8pm. If you have flown in on a previous day, we can also pick you up from your hotel in Brisbane city at 8am of your retreat day. If you’re looking for somewhere more quiet to stay in nature rather than the city before or after your retreat we highly recommend Maleny or Montville for the magic of the mountains or the Sunshine Coast for a beach vibe. We can do door to door pickup from your designated accommodation.
Your Retreat Therapist
About Izabella Siodmak
My fascination with relationships started when I was 9, sitting listening to my mother’s feelings about her relationship. My exploration of the relationship with our psyche, emotions, spirituality, body and sense of self as well as intimate relationship patterns, dynamics, defensive blocks and conflict resolution is never-ending and informs the private retreats I’ve been facilitating since 2003. My main qualifications include:
- Certified Exceptional Marriage Mentor (Embodied Couples Work)
- Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry, Biological Sciences and Molecular Biology)
- Naturopath, Herbalist, Nutritionist
- Certified Life Coach
- Somatic (Body) Psychotherapist
I’ve also completed 50 hour yoga teacher training, reiki level II, relaxation massage, tantra workshops, trauma-informed practices, attachment styles and energy healing all which support me to more deeply sense what’s in the space between two people. Using the knowledge gained coupled with my intuition helps me to effectively get to the root of the issues in your relationship. This saves a lot of time and frustration. Throughout your Revitalising Love Retreat I weave together effective, correctional relational approaches to support your relationship to thrive. With the right support … the love, compassion and understanding between you both can flow again.
Your retreat experience is supported by Tony Hayes
Tony Hayes creates your unique and flavoursome plant-based dishes with a naturally healthy whole food approach. He is also a skilled acupressure masseuse, with a sensitive touch for releasing deep tension throughout the body to help you destress and heal. Tony has also trained as a body psychotherapist and provides an aligned supportive energy to your retreat experience.